Monday, June 22, 2009

What a difference two weeks makes!

Good lord, it's been a busy one. I pretty much hit rock bottom a few weeks ago. Work wasn't looking too solid, my cat ran away, June Gloom was raining over Los Angeles. Not the greatest feeling, ya know?

A few days after Qusay's disappearance, I hooked up with an old friend from Austin who is currently directing a movie here in Hollywood and landed myself a job as a Production Assistant. The pay isn't incredible, but I've made some pretty great contacts and I definitely have more work coming my way after this one wraps. Oh, and I never thought I'd be pulling 70+ hour weeks, but here I am.

This is the first "real" set I've been on. (I don't think short films at UT really count) It is really fascinating. I've learned more in two weeks than I learned in entire semesters at college.

One thing though, I really feel as though I should have been here years ago. Ah well. I'm here now.

Anyway, I've been killing myself during the week, and on this Saturday me and a couple of my roommates took a drive up to Santa Barbara. It's about two hours away from our place, and about 10 minutes away, I get a call from someone in Beverly Hills. They had got my number from Qusay's tag. She was alive and hanging out on their back porch!

So, I called up my buddy Daniel and he tried to get her. Well, that didn't go well and he has the cuts to prove it. So after a night of partying out by the beach, I came home and crashed, woke up the next morning and headed to Beverly Hills to reclaim my girl.

To make a long story short, I managed to coax her out from under a deck and get her in my car and in to Daniel's apartment, safe and happy.



Things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. I TOLD you things would look up! I'm so glad the Cali sun is shining on you now :)

    Yay for Qusay's safe return! Tell whomever kept her on their porch that I will promptly mail them cupcakes of their choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of luck, Jack. =D
    I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete