Thursday, July 9, 2009

How ya been?

I haven't updated here enough. I need to start posting more ramblings as it is a nice way to journal my time. I think that was the whole point of this crap anyway, right?

So, my first project with I Am 8-Bit went well. I shot the DVD launch party for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, then cut it and Fox Home Video approved it. Hooray!

I've been bouncing around as far as sleeping goes. While we were in production on Knifepoint, the home invasion film I PA'd on, I was crashing on a couch in the cast room. Then after we wrapped I actually slept on one of the beds we used during filming. I threw down the mattress on the floor and for the first time in L.A., slept on a bed. Technically.

From there, we wrapped the loft we were shooting in and moved all the crap into the "production" loft. This was nice because I actually got to set up my big computer and got to do some legit editing again. Also, I started crashing on the fold-out couch we have in the office. Not too shabby.

Things have been really nice out here, I actually went for a bike ride with some friends to a burger joint, then came back and hit the pool. Believe it or not, I am actually a shade or two darker than when I left Austin. The weather out here is insane. Highs in the mid to upper 80s, and mid 60s for the low. On Twitter I asked out loud how the weather in Austin was. This was my friend Eric's response:

eric_duncanATX: @jack_p weather is 100% chance of affordable living with only occasional L.A. douchebags.

I miss you guys sometimes. First round of Peter Pan is on me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm holding you to that. Especially once you're rich and famous.

    ReplyDelete