Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Final Countdown

This is it.

I'm about to break down my computer and pack it away for the long trip out to California.

Holy shit.

I'm seriously about to move to California. Something I've thought about every since I was in high school and got the bug to get in to the movie industry. Now, I'm sitting here, my house almost completely empty (save for a few paintings and the stuff I'm moving) about to move to California. A decade after that bug hit, I'm making the move.

It's weird, I've seen people over the past few days and had drinks with them, dinner, movies, whatever, and it hasn't really struck me until just now that I won't be seeing these people again until I fly back. Or they fly out to Los Angeles. I'm going to miss my friends, but in the age of the internet I end up chatting via AIM or Skype anyway, so what does it matter that I'm a few states away?

I do love this city though. I'm going to miss lots of things, Austin things. The Drafthouse (which now is home to a few of my arcade machines), Threadgill's, 6th Street, Peter Pan Mini-Golf and so much more.

I'm going to miss my friends. I love all you guys and I'm going to be within a phone call away. That is of course until The Big One hits and California is swallowed by the Pacific Ocean. Until then though...give me a call.

Of course, I'm going to continue posting here. I've got lots of stuff already planned for Los Angeles and Uday is ready for his Hollywood debut. It should be a blast.

Austin, I love you, keep in touch.

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck Jack. Cant wait to see how you do.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend. I've been there. It's a little scary but I promise it will be an amazing expereience!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog did what hugging you goodbye the other night didn't...make me cry. Ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've only talked about this, oh, since I met you. Get going! You're going to rock LA! With luck, love and lots of hugs I hereby boot you out of Austin :)

    miss you already.

    ReplyDelete