Thursday, May 7, 2009

House issues...

So, one of the biggest factors about moving out to California has been what the hell to do with my house. I've had a few people kicking around the idea of renting it out, but I'm not horribly comfortable with just anyone moving in.

It seems those possibilities are dwindling to pretty much nil...so that means the house goes up on the market. Hooray selling a house in this AWESOME economy!

I talked with a former high-school classmate of mine today who is a real estate guy now and he told me a few things that I needed to hear, and it looks as though there may be a shot of me getting out with no cost to myself. HOPEFULLY. I really don't want to have to pay to sell my own house, that would be lame. Thanks shitty bankers.

So, I'm setting up a meeting with him on Friday to start nailing down stuff. Then it's a matter of moving shit. Anyone in South Austin want to store a few arcade games?

Actually, for those of you IN Austin, I've spoken with Tim League, the owner of the Alamo Drafthouse and it looks as though I can put a few of my machines in his theater. So, the next time you go to the South Lamar Drafthouse and see Street Fighter 2 or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on freeplay in the lobby, you know who to thank. (You are welcome Austin.)

Oh, and next week I'm flying out to San Francisco for a few days, and it looks like my return might take a detour through Los Angeles. See, I can't get away from that damn city.

No comments:

Post a Comment